Questions And Answers
You may not realize the importance of proper tree maintenance and routine care. As your tree care provider, it is our responsibility to ensure that your trees receive the care they deserve. As the trees owner, we would like to make sure you are fully knowledgeable of the care we are providing. In doing so, this page has been designed to answer many of the questions you may have. If you have any further questions, we invite you to contact Complete Tree Services Inc at 214-587-6833. For your convenience, you may also request services from this site.
Complete Tree Services Inc – Q & A
1.How does routine tree maintenance benefit my trees?
2.Why is installing mulch rings around my trees beneficial?
3.Why do I need to prune my trees?
4.Why do I need a professional to trim my trees?
5.What is the difference between tree “topping” and tree “pruning”?
6.What time of the year is best for tree trimming?
7.Can you provide me with some tips to help my trees grow healthy?
8.Besides impending death, why would else would I have to remove a tree?
9.I live in the Collin county area. Do you service my area?
10.Is there anything I should consider when selecting a new tree?
Complete Tree Services Inc – Q & A
1. How does routine tree maintenance benefit my trees?
Trees that live in the suburban and urban areas are mostly appreciated for their aesthetic values, the shade they produce, and the oxygen that is naturally emitted into the air from trees. Many home developers’ studies state that your properties value could increase by up to 25% simply by maintaining the health, integrity and eye appeal of your trees and other landscape. Landscape trees, depending on the placement of your trees they may also help with energy savings. For example, an adult tree has the potential to block up to 90% of solar radiation, which translates into savings on your cooling expenses. Personal benefits of healthy trees include a reduction in stress and other emotional barriers. In the healthcare environment, beautiful trees can speed recovery times and increase immunity.
2. Why is installing mulch rings around my trees beneficial?
If applied correctly and kept clean, trees love mulch for many reasons. Most importantly, mulching your trees will reduce weed growth, conserve water during drought season, maintain soil temperature, provide protection against mowers and other lawn equipment, decrease grass competition and also compliment the rest of your landscape design.
3. Why do I need to prune my trees?
Trimming trees, especially when they are young helps to encourage good branch structure and also promote new growth.
4. Why do I need a professional to trim my trees?
Your trees are much like your own hair. An experienced arborist is exactly that! He has been expertly trained to ensure your trees have been delicately handled to ensure the livelihood of the tree. One who is inexperienced may not only cause injury to the tree but to himself. At Complete Tree Services Inc, we are dedicated 100% to your safety and to the care of your tree!
5. What is the difference between tree “topping” and tree “pruning”?
5. Topping is a much more invasive procedure and is generally performed with very little regard to growth pattern or even the trees appearance. “Topping” is similar to “pruning” in that they both are performed to remove extremely excessive parts above and beyond normal height and structure. However, pruning is a more precise procedure that focuses on the natural growth patterns of the tree. Selectively removing excessive growth creates room for new growth and also makes the tree more attractive pleasing to the eye.
6. What time of the year is best for tree trimming?
Routine tree trimming can be performed whenever necessary. At Complete Tree Services Inc. we suggest to do your more extensive pruning in the fall, winter or summer. Trees use tremendous energy producing new foliage they tend to be more vulnerable to infection and stress in the spring. Thus the spring should be avoided for heavy pruning.
7. Can you provide me with some tips to help my trees grow healthy?
Absolutely! A tree that receives proper care and an abundant watering source has a tendency to live longer healthier lives. Below you will find some tips you can do to help your arborist care for your trees.
- Always place the care of your trees into the hands of an experienced tree care professional. You can trust in our specialists at Complete Tree Services Inc. With over 15 years in the tree service industry, you can be rest assured in our expertise and dedication.
- Be sure to keep pets away from your more delicate species and also your younger “baby” trees.
- DO NOT nail objects into your trees!
- DO NOT cut the bark, trunk, or branches of your trees.
- Be very careful with the lawn mower around the trunks of your trees.
- WATER, WATER AND MORE WATER! Make sure your trees receive plenty of water.
8. Besides impending death, why would else would I have to remove a tree?
At Complete Tree Services Inc, we firmly believe in the critical need for tree preservation. In doing so, we will make every effort to save a tree. However, there are circumstances when removal may be your only option.
Some of these instances may be:
- The tree is considered irreparably hazardous.
- The tree is causing obstruction or harm to other trees in the area.
- The tree may need to replaced by a new young tree more suitable to its living space.
- New construction.
9. I live in the Collin county area. Do you service my area?
Compete Tree Service is happy to serve the cities Addison, Arlington, Carrollton, Corinth, Dallas, Flowermound, Frisco, Irving, Grapevine, Lewisville, Plano, Richardson, Southlake, The Colony and Trophy Club.
10. Is there anything I should consider when selecting a new tree?
Absolutely! Including the rest of the plants, there are several factors you should think about before committing yourself to the care of new tree. Here are some things you need to ask yourself.
- What about the size of the area where the tree will live? Does it provide plenty of growing space both above ground and below the surface for a larger tree or should you choose something smaller? Don’t forget about overhead utility cables, sidewalks, walkways, driveways below ground wiring, etc.
- What is your purpose for the tree? Is it shading, wind breaking, or are you a fruit tree lover?
- Soil conditions should always be a priority! Is it deep, fertile, and well drained or is it shallow?
- In some ways, your trees and landscaping are much like your pets. You should never commit yourself if you do not have the time, money and energy it requires for them to enjoy long and enriching lives. You should always take into consideration how much time you have to give to watering, feeding, and general maintenance.